All questions about our products, including theme licensing, “SEO” features, and support and refund policies are answered on our FAQ page. This about page will provide more information on the actual company behind the themes.
Let’s be honest, there are thousands upon thousands of WordPress themes out there, so what sets PowerTheme apart from the rest? Our developer-friendly values.
- No Locking In – We make pretty standard, parent WordPress themes. You don’t have to make a huge time investment to learn framework-specific hooks. Take your skills with you to other, even non-WordPress projects.
- Decisions Over Options – We can’t stand headache-inducing, unintuitive, bloated options pages. In fact, most of our themes have no options pages. You want customization? Make a child theme without having to worry about “options” getting in your way.
- No sleazy marketing – When you install a PowerTheme, you aren’t also installing a feed to our blog on your client’s WordPress dashboard. You won’t find any logos or upsells in the backend either.
- Sticking To What We Do Best – We make awesome themes, so we focus on that. We’ll leave advanced SEO features to third-party plugins, run by people who actually know what they’re doing.
- Data Should Be Portable – We don’t bake custom post types directly into our themes. Same with shortcodes. Take your content with you, even if you switch themes.
- Free As In Freedom – WordPress is licensed under the GPL. Enjoy the same freedoms you do with WordPress itself, as you do with themes from PowerTheme.
- A Sustainable Business – After the inital theme purchase, customers pay an annual fee for continued updates and support. This allows us to keep making awesome themes, and effectively support the ones we already have. For years to come.
Who Started It All
Leland Fiegel is the owner, operator, founder, and lead developer of PowerTheme.
He’s no rookie to the WordPress community, having worked with the platform for over six years.
You may know him as the former owner of a popular theme website called Theme Lab, where he would frequently blog about WordPress theme development best practices, along with releasing over 100 free WordPress themes that amassed hundreds of thousands of total downloads.
Basically, he knows what it takes to make a quality WordPress theme. And he’s now passing on his knowledge by example, through the well-developed products of PowerTheme.
He also feels really dumb to be writing this bio about himself in the third-person, so he’ll convert to a first-person narrative in subsequent sections.
Any Other Questions?
I’m always happy to answer any of your questions. Email me at email@example.com, use the contact form, or tweet @PowerTheme on Twitter.
Really awesome questions might even make it on our FAQ page!